First…I have to explain my reasons for not liking the majority of the workout DVDs that come with this program. For me, it’s personal. I need someone (not on TV) to yell at me…motivate me…inspire me…and coach me. I’m just that way. Never under value having a personal trainer, instructor, or coach to guide you on a journey like this. With that said, I can not recommend this program as a stand-alone. I recommend it along side having a personal trainer or taking a fitness class with a live person at least 3 times per week.
Now for the good news…7 days in…5 lbs. down. At first it was tough sticking to the small portions and following the recommended menu…HOWEVER with all I know about nutrition, I have been able to play with the portions, adjust calories, and make the menu work for me. Here is what I’ve learned..
- It doesn’t take much to fill you up if you eat the right foods! High fiber/low fat/think green leafy veggies!
- The shake is not a meal for me, but a convenient option that curbs my appetite, satisfies my sweet tooth, and makes me feel energized. Shakeology ROCKs! I am a total fan! (FYI – I am doing the Vegan shakes)
- Just enough good fats. I love that I can eat avocado and add enough fats to make me feel more satiated.
- I love nuts..and guess what…they’re allowed….but it has taught me how many is enough!
- I no longer eat meat. It’s been a year and it’s no longer a challenge for me. I do not label myself as Vegan or even Vegetarian, but as someone who prefers a plant-based diet. I DO eat fish from time to time. This program has an option for me and my people!
- I can drink wine! I haven’t been, but I could if I wanted to….so there’s that!
- I do drink coffee. It’s not recommended…but I can’t and will not give it up. It’s okay…this program still loves me.
- PORTION CONTROL – This is the key to life…to success…to everything. So much easier said, than done…but over time it can and will become a habit. This program teaches this lesson very well.
There is more to come…so stay tuned. So far…rating this program at a strong *7*